Monday, January 16, 2017 / by Jason Huval
Selling a home isn’t as easy as listing it and fishing for offers. There is preparation that must take place if you plan on getting the offers you expect on your property. Buyers can be finicky and in a market like Austin’s there isn’t a shortage of options available to them. Applying these tips and suggestions to your property can help maximize the offers on your house!
- Improve the Exterior of Your Home – Nothing says home like the feeling someone gets when pulling up to a house. First impressions are crucial and if your house lacks in that department this can be detrimental to the chances of them deciding on your home. Keep in mind that Buyers are making one of the biggest financial decisions of their lives so their attention to detail should be high. Be sure to clean up the landscaping around your house and trim any bushes you may that are overgrown. A good idea is power washing the sides of your home and driveway as this can remo! ...
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 / by Jason Huval
Buying a home can be the single greatest purchase an individual makes in their lifetime. Here are a few suggestions on things to keep in mind when you do make that choice!
Get your finances in your order! You can start by getting an idea of where your credit stands. In today's world, credit is king and anyone with a firm grasp on their financial situation will have an easier time as a buyer of real estate. Depending on what your report reveals, be sure to correct any issues you find as this can help you in the long run when it comes to financing and the rate you'll pay on a mortgage. Finding a reputable lender and getting pre-approved is your next step. Central Metro Realty works closely a variety of lenders across Greater Austin and it is best to shop around to get a rate you're satisfied with! These essential financing steps can improve your experience as a buyer drastically and will put you in a better position to make a serious offer when you find the house you're looking for!
Thursday, January 5, 2017 / by Jason Huval
Moving from a small town or suburb to a large city, such as Austin, can be an intimidating proposition. Here are a few tips to help make your move as painless as possible.
Research Before Your Move to Texas
It's important to understand the culture you're joining. To begin, do your due diligence and research online to learn about Texas school system, neighborhoods in the specific areas of Austin you're looking for, available parking in that area, local weather (probably hot!), what the public transportation available is, check out Ride Austin, and laws native to that area. It's always wise to visit your targeted area before you decide to move to get a feel for the area.
Have a Plan for the Move
Before you even begin to think about packing the moving truck there are things to address. Arrangements for living are most important. Whether that be a friends couch to sleep on, an apartment or a month-to-month agreement somewhere, or a new home you always want to have a pl! ...
Monday, January 2, 2017 / by Grant Williams
Making a switch to a new Broker is not always an easy decision, but the process doesn’t have to be that difficult if you know what you are doing. The four basic steps are:
1. Requesting sponsorship from your new Broker on TREC’s website
2. Contacting your local board or association of Realtors
3. Letting your current Broker know that you are leaving per your contractor agreement with her or him.
4. Signing an agreement with your new Broker.
Leaving Your Current Brokerage
First, you don’t have to close all your deals before making a move to a new Broker. This is the most asked question I get from agents that are looking to make a switch in Brokerages. Most Brokers are great people and understand that your circumstances and life changes. Although we have had a few agents retire with us, it is not. ...